Sound Devices recently released MixPre Series Firmware v1.11 update for the new MixPre-3 and MixPre-6. The firmware update will provide new playback functionality as well as other system enhancements to previously released versions.
Changes introduced in MixPre Series Firmware v1.11 update include:
- When playing back a file, the file's remaining time is now shown in the Status Bar.
- The File List Number is now editable from 1 to 9999.
- The Current Project name is now displayed in the Menu>Project header.
- The Headphone output is briefly muted when Aux In Mode is changed to prevent loud audible pops.
- Various system improvements and enhancements.
- In some custom setups, ISO Tracks were recorded low level when Tracks L and R were disarmed.
- File corruption when power was depleted mid-recording.
- Some custom mode settings were not retained after a power cycle; for instance, 40 Hz Low Cut Filter setting was set to 80Hz after a power cycle.
- After a power cycle, channel gain was not set correctly until the channel knob was slightly adjusted.
- Channel 5 and 6 did not correctly show limiter activity when Input Source was set to Aux In.
- Clip indicator showed twice for one clipping event.
- Changing headphone gain while in the Solo/Mute screen caused incorrect monitoring and routing of signals to the headphone output.
- Gain and pan controls were not grayed out on channel 2 when channels 1 and 2 were linked as a stereo or MS pair. (MixPre-3 Only)
- Engaging record with a full SD card inserted created small files.
- Incorrect message was displayed when attempting to record with a locked SD Card inserted. Now, 'SD Card is Locked' is reported.
- Camera Meters (C1, C2) did not display signal activity in Custom Mode with Advanced Headphone Settings.
- Camera and USB Meters didn’t show any activity during playback.
- USB Audio Routing was incorrect while playing back.
- The Open Project Menu list was displayed incorrectly when rapidly scrolling through it.
- Audio Delay could have been incorrect after changing sample rate.
- A recording's first sample could have been incorrect after changing sample rate.
- Improved stability of HDMI Timecode.
- USB Keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Z did not perform Undo.
- USB Keyboard shortcut F2 did not enter the File List.
- The Record/L&R Gain setting incorrectly altered the L&R track playback levels. The setting should only affect the L&R record levels, not the L&R playback levels.
For a detailed specification on the firmware update, please visit sounddevices.com. It is highly recommended that MixPre Series users update to the latest version of firmware available as soon as possible.
« To the list of news