Engineering Service, Inc.
Chrosziel announces its new Full Servo Drive Unit developed exclusively for the new Fujinon Premista lens series. The Servo Unit facilitates the large zoom cinema lens operation and thus, allows the privilege of using the Premistas in Run N’ Gun ENG shooting scenarios.
Chrosziel has just announced that a full servo drive unit is in development. As stated by Chrosziel: “This completely new, compact and ergonomic design allows you to integrate the ‘Cine Style’ Fujinon Premista lens into your ‘Broadcast’ workflow in a very simple way, because you have all components in one housing!”. The Servo Drive was developed for all three Premista lenses: 28-100mm/T2.9, 80-250mm/T2.9-3.5, and the newly announced 19-45mm/T2.9.
Chrosziel Premista Servo highlights
- Common servo drive interfaces
- Demand Input Focus (analog/digital)
- Demand Input zoom (analog/digital)
- Lensport- Interface with common features like motor position feedback, VTR-signal, analog Iris signal, serial TTL Interface, etc.
- Fujinon Remote socked
List of connectors
- Power: Lemo 0B.305
- Lens-Port: 12 Pin Hirose reverse
- Focus-Demand 12 Pin Hirose Socket (Fujinon standard – Pinout)
- Zoom- Demand 12 Pin Hirose Socket (Fujinon standard – Pinout)
- Remote (Hirose 20 pin)
- Three powerful internal compact motors with 0.8 gears, strong enough for cine lenses
- Engage/Disengage mechanics for every motor (allowing a free run of lens gears).
- Mini USB-Port for software updates
- Handling of the metadata provided by the lens (Cooke /i-data) and transfer them to broadcast compatible data formatting.
- Zoom rocker
- Power supply 12V-30V DC @ 3A
- Motor positions stored to ensure a fast operational readiness after lens change or power failure.
Price and availability
The price and availability of the Chrosziel Premista Servo yet to be announced. We’ll keep you posted when it will.
As explained, the servo solution allows the privilege of reducing and facilitating the challenges and muddles that occurred when using large cinema zoom lenses in the field, especially in sole operation scenarios.
« To the list of news