Sound Devices 788T firmware revision 3.0 is now posted. All 788T models shipping as of May 24, 2013 will include firmware rev. 3.0. Highlights include the following new features:
• Support for 192 kHz sample rate. Up to four tracks (L thru B), one media only.
• Scene, take, notes, false takes, circle and track name metadata is now linked between C-Linked 788Ts.
• Added L-ident tone mode, including TONE+LAMP shortcut to toggle the mode on or off.
• Added user-customizable CL-9 trim encoder adjustment. Affects trim gain and EQ Frequency.
• Option to decode MS into LR MIX only and leave ISO tracks as un-decoded MS.
• Added limiters for digital inputs (AES3 and AES42).
• Faster drive formatting.
• Added new Timecode mode, 'Free Run - Auto Output Mute'. This is the same as Free run mode, but mutes the Lemo timecode output when stopped. This can be used to roll external devices when Rec run timecode is not suitable.
• Default Ext Low Voltage Threshold changed from 10.0V to 11.3V.
• Output four, one sample delay.
• 4 GB file split bug.
• Various system improvements and optimizations.
« To the list of news