Engineering Service, Inc.
Sound Devices 788T firmware revision 3.1 is now posted.
All 788T models shipping as of October 16, 2013 will include firmware rev.
3.1. Sound Devices 788T/788T-SSD firmware - (v3.01) provides the following new features and changes:
• Added 'A-H' meter view which gives the ability to meter the eight ISO tracks without having to switch meter view.
• Removed Drive Speed Test due to inconsistent results. The original test was developed and optimized for use with older HDDs. It does not give accurate results with today's media.
• Removed space character from the Take Designator and Scene Name menus as these can cause various work flow problems.
• Recalls last meter view upon power up.
• CL-9 Max Acceleration is now working when USB keyboard is connected.
Note: It may be necessary to alter the Max speed setting to get the same acceleration feel as before.
• CL-9 trim values now held over power cycles.
• Outputs Set to HP L and HP R are now active after power cycle.
• Changing current scene name while recording now ripples through to next take.
« To the list of news