Sony’s PXW-FS7 and PXW-FS7 II XDCAM camcorders are now further optimized for newsgathering, thanks to a new ENG-style build-up kit and a new B4 lens to E-mount adapter. The build-up kit, CBK-FS7BK, enables extended shoulder-mount use, suiting the camcorders news production, interviews, documentaries, and reality-television shooting. Combined with the new lens-mount adapter, LA-EB1, both E-mount and B4 lens assets can be used on either the FS7 or FS7 II, allowing users to capture images with deep and shallow depth of field (DoF) — all with a single camera.
The CBK-FS7BK build-up kit provides advanced wireless capabilities, enhanced robustness, and excellent weight balance for extended shooting stability.
“The new build-up kit and lens-mount adapter give the FS7 and FS7 II camcorders the ergonomics, networking features, and zoom ratio of a traditional run-and-gun shoulder-mount camcorder, allowing crews to quickly adapt their shooting style with minimal equipment,” said Anthony Kable, content creation group manager, Sony Australia. “As video production evolves, the demand for cinematic-style shooting has permeated into every facet of the industry, including broadcast news. FS7 shooters will be excited by the possibilities and adaptability the new build-up kit and lens mount adapter provides.”
The CBK-FS7BK build-up kit includes an extension unit with a wireless-audio-receiver slot and built-in network capability, providing advanced network operation for broadcast use; a viewfinder and a cheese plate with enhanced robustness; and an adjustable shoulder plate designed to achieve optimal weight balance. Streaming and file transfers are possible via wireless LAN or 4G/LTE connection. QoS performance streaming is provided through the camcorder’s Dual Link connection, allowing multiplexing of two cellular networks.
With the new LA-EB1 mount adapter, B4 lens can be attached to both the FS7 and FS7 II camcorders. The inclusion of B4 lens allows users to shoot deep DoF with the high zoom ratio necessary for traditional news production.
Other highlights of the CBK-FS7BK build-up kit and LA-EB1 mount adapter include:
- Various interface support including genlock/timecode for multi-camera operation and RAW output
- Compatible with Sony BP-GL and BP-FL series batteries
- Newly designed shoulder plate with an extended slide mechanism, allowing users to find the optimum weight balance with their choice of lens
- ENG-style LCD viewfinder included
- Exchange lenses on-site with no tools required
- Image circle is expanded to 13.5mm by magnifying the optical system. F-stop can be as small as 0.6, which can capture bright images
- ALAC (Auto Lens Aberration Compensation) decreases chromatic aberration caused by the lens
The ENG-style build-up kit and mount adapter for FS7 and FS7 II will be available in December.
« To the list of news