At IBC 2019 AJA Video Systems introduced the FS-Mini, a new broadcast quality utility frame sync that packs the production-proven functionality and all of the reliability of AJA’s leading FS frame sync technology into a portable Mini-Converter. FS-Mini supports frame synchronization and up, down, cross-conversion of untimed 3G-SDI, HD and SD video signals.
“From production to broadcast and live events, professionals often need devices with a smaller footprint, so we wanted to build the FS-Mini to address this need, and are incredibly excited to share it with the IBC audience this year,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
FS-Mini allows users to synchronize and convert a wide range of video formats to their house standard with a 3G-SDI input and output, HDMI output, and a two-channel RCA style audio output Mini-Converter. The device also features a reference input that can be used to lock a local reference and can be easily controlled via local DIP switches or USB and AJA's Mini-Config application.
FS-Mini feature highlights include:
- Utility frame sync function to time input signals to an external reference
- Support for bi-level and tri-level references
- Low latency processing, nominal video delay of one frame
- Freeze (on input signal loss) to black or last good frame
- High quality 10-bit video processing
- Support for 525i, 625i, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p SDI input signals
- Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
- Up, down, cross-conversion between 3G-SDI, HD and SD video formats
- AFD input detection, down-convert control
- Simple configuration via a DIP switch or USB and AJA Mini-Config software
- DWP-U-R1 universal input power supply (included)
« To the list of news