Engineering Service, Inc.
The NextoDI NPS-10 is a portable standalone backup storage device introduced at this year’s NAB and shipped since June 2019. It can quickly copy and verify files from SD, microSD, CF, Cfast, XQD, or CFexpress cards (depending on the version device you get). It comes without internal drive, but accepts SATA SSDs and 2.5″ HDDs up to 7.2mm thick.
There are two SD card slots and a microSD card slot on the left side of every NPS-10. There is one more memory card slot at the top of the device and the exact type of the slot depends on the NPS-10 version. The device comes in three different versions – With XQD slot (which also supports CFexpress cards), a version with CF slot, or, with CFast card slot. At the bottom of the device, there is one USB-C slot and one USB-A slot.
NextoDI NPS-10 will not only copy the material from the inserted cards, but it is also able to verify them. There is an option to only copy the files quickly or to copy and verify them. When inserting the same card again, users can choose to only copy new files. That means the NPS-10 will automatically recognize which files have already been copied and skip them. This feature is intended to save time in the field.
NextoDI NPS-10 does not come with an SSD. Users are free to choose whichever size of the SSD they prefer the most. Right now, maximum capacity SATA SSDs available is 4TB, but the device supports much larger sizes. It supports traditional spinning 2.5″ SATA drives as well (with 7.2mm or less in height). Thanks to XCopy technology, copying speeds are very fast, especially when SSD is used.
The device comes with a protective rubber frame, which also provides a better grip. The rubber frame slightly differs in color depending on the exact model (exact card slot) used. Operating NextoDI NPS-10 is single-handed. There is only one wheel on the right side, which also acts as a button. With the help of scrolling, Short press, and Long press, users can navigate through the menu and use all the functions of the device.
NPS-10 also has a color LCD screen. It helps not only with menu navigation and monitoring the information given by the device but also with the status of the copying process. The screen can also show a preview of any stored video or photo.
Key specs of the NextoDI NPS-10:
- Display: 2.4″ 64K color LCD with 320х240 resolution
- Card support: 2x SD (UHS-II) slot, 1x MicroSD slot, 1x CF or CFast or XQD/CFexpress slot
- Storage: 2.5″ SATA drive with 7.2mm and less height
- File system: FAT32, exFAT, UDS, HFS+ (memory card)
- Video preview: DV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG2 4:4:4/4:2:2/4:2:0, XF-AVC 2K/4K, AVCHD, H.264, AVC-Intra, XAVC 2K/4K, AVC Ultra 2K/4K, DNxHD 2K, ProRes 2K/4K
- Image codec: JPEG, TIFF, RAW (ARW,CR2, CR3, DNG, NEF, ORF, PEF, RAF,RWL, RM2, SRW
- Internal battery: Rechargeable Li-Pol 4,000mAh (3.7V) battery (3 hours charging = 2 hours X-Copy operating time)
- Power: Rechargeable via USB-C cable (with power bank or PC, output 2A or more)
- Computer interface: USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbit/s)
- OS compatibility: Windows XP (SP 2, 3 with exFAT patch upgrade), Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, MacOS 10.6.5 or later, Linux 2.4.18 or later
- Dimensions: 129.5 x 77 x 25.3mm (5 x 3 x 0.99″)
- Weight: 200g (0.44 lbs) without internal drive
« To the list of news