Engineering Service, Inc.
Panasonic Corporation announces the release of a software version upgrade (V1.1) of its “KAIROS” IT/IP platform for live video production scheduled in March this year. The previous version of KAIROS can be upgraded to the new V1.1 version for free.
Panasonic released the KAIROS IT/IP platform to the market in September 2020. KAIROS enables the configuration of a live video production system that delivers significantly improved quality and productivity to the live video production, venue preparation and video streaming services of broadcasters and event producers for professional sports games, musical concerts and other events. Based on the IP-based interface and the use of GPU for image processing, KAIROS allows flexible live video production by unrestricted resolution or aspect ratio and with unlimited number of MEs and keys. KAIROS offers intuitive operation and low latency. It adapts to new technologies and responds to cutting-edge needs by supporting multi-screen display, LED wall and IP-based remote operation. What’s more, KAIROS' open software architecture ensures excellent system flexibility and scalability.
The version V1.1 expands the system compatibility, offering MacOS-compatible GUI software, interlaced video input and ST2110 audio input/output. The new version also adds new features and functions such as the variable frame delay, clip/RAM player playlist function and title generator. Panasonic has enhanced the connectivity with other companies’ equipment and systems and supports AUX bus control from LAWO vsmSNAP panel.
Panasonic strives to improve the functionality and system compatibility of KAIROS and promotes linkage with the partners’ products as well as system integration with the aim of establishing KAIROS as a de facto standard of next-generation video production platforms.
Upgraded items in KAIROS Version 1.1
System compatibility enhancement
- MacOS (Catalina/Big Sur) supported by Kairos Creator GUI software (AT-SFC10).
- I/P conversion of input enables the use of 1080/59.94i and 1080/50i interlaced video inputs.
- Audio input/output supported by ST2110-30 (AES67) interface.
- Display of audio bar on multi-viewer
- Clip player audio outputs
- Audio output routing possible
- PTP (Precision Time Protocol) synchronization supported by GbE (Gigabit Ethernet) port.
- Variable frame delay (1 to 12 frames per 1-frame step) for each channel.
- Playlist function added to Clip/RAM player.
- Built-in title generator for easy title production.
Expanded connectivity with other companies’ systems
- AUX bus control and Macro control from LAWO vsmSNAP panel
« To the list of news