Engineering Service, Inc.
Sony’s PVM-X series of 4K HDR monitors, which are available in 18-, 24- and 32-inch sizes, are now eligible for a free Version 4.0 firmware update. The latest firmware, which can be installed in the field, enables new capabilities and increases the power of the award-winning PVM-X series monitors. Additions Include Closed Caption Support, Support for New Upgrade Licenses, Enhanced Monitor Output Improvements, In Monitor Display, Grid Display, Chroma Up and Parallel Remote.
Highlights of the Version 4.0 firmware update include:
- Closed captioning support
- HD-SDI input
- Support for 720/60P and 1080/60i over HD-SDI
- Support for audio and timecode output via the Enhanced Monitor Output (with PVML upgrade license)
- In Monitor Display (IMD)
- Grid Display
- Chroma Up to assist in camera setup
- Parallel Remote
- Support for new upgrade PVML license configurations
- 4K-HD down convert
- 1080P to 1080i conversion
- Processed output from EMO
- LUT Processed output from EMO
The complimentary firmware, Version 4.0, is now available to be downloaded: https://pro.sony/products/broadcast-monitors/broadcast-firmware-professional-video-monitors.
« To the list of news