Engineering Service, Inc.
Sony released free firmware update v.6.00 for solid state memory camcorder PXW-Z280. It fixes known issues and improves security and stability of Z280. Sony recommend to update system firmware to version v.6.00.
Firmware v.6.00 PXW-Z280 includes:
1. Strengthen cooperation with C3 portal
- Supported cloud service management of "All files".
It is now possible to save the camera's "All files" to the cloud service or read them from the cloud service to the camera. This makes it possible to manage multiple "All Files" on the cloud service.
- Supported automatic file transfer
Until now, clips were selected and transferred after recording was completed, but by turning on the automatic file transfer function, it is now possible to automatically transfer to the cloud service set before shooting every time one clip is recorded.
2. Audio level meter CH1/CH2 and CH3/CH4 display switching support
- The audio level meter displayed on the screen can now be switched between CH1/CH2 and CH3/CH4 displays by setting the Audio Output > Monitor CH in the Audio menu.
3. Supports assignable buttons for audio monitor channel switching
- Audio monitor channel settings can now be assigned to assignable buttons by assigning "Audio Monitor CH" and "Audio Mon. CH Switch", you can now select any audio monitor channel with the assignable button.
4. Expanding the Number of Planning Metadata File Displays
- Changed the maximum number of files displayed when loading the planning metadata file from 64 to 512.
5. Linkage between "Slow & Quick Motion" setting toggle and proxy recording setting
- When proxy recording is On, setting "Slow & Quick Motion" to On temporarily turns off proxy recording, but when "Slow & Quick Motion" is turned off, proxy recording is turned On again.
6. Reference signal for Zebra display when SDR Preview function is in operation
- The reference signal when the Zebra is displayed during the operation of the SDR Preview function has been reviewed.
7. Fixed focus setteing display problem
- Fixed a bug that AF may be incorrectly displayed in Full MF mode after startup.
8. Improved security and stability.
You can download v.6.00 firmware for PXW-Z280 from Sony’s site.
« To the list of news