Engineering Service, Inc.
Manchester City won UEFA Champions League 2022/23 UEFA Cup and completed the ‘treble’ with Premier League title and FA Cup. It was fantastic coverage with 42-cameras on the Ataturk stadium.
The Final was produced in HD, UHD-HDR and UHD-SDR. Dolby-E was available on the HD and UHD feeds, and Dolby Atmos available on the UHD feeds only.
For media production UEFA allocated the following unilateral broadcast facilities:
- 132 TV, radio & social media commentary position desks
- 7 Pitch View Studios and 12 Tribune Presentations Positions
- 20 Pitch presentation positions
- 12 Flash interview positions and 5 Super flash interview positions
- 37 Unilateral camera positions behind goal and 10 social media cameras
- 85km of optical fibre has been pulled by UEFA to deliver services to broadcast partners
The Final boasted a 42-camera coverage plan. Included in the camera plan this year are two RF cinestyle cameras, one to capture the reaction of Man City fans, while the other will be focused on Inter’s supporters.
The camera plan includes:
- An aerial camera system
- 7 super-slow motion and 2 hi-speed cameras
- 2 In-goal cameras
- 2 Crane cameras and 2 Polecams
- 1 Coaching camera
This match took place at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, which was due to host the 2020 and then the 2021 Champions League Finals but, due to Covid, both ties were switched to Lisbon.
UEFA appointed Saran Media and EXXEN as host broadcaster for Saturday’s match, with Mediapro appointed as technical supplier.
« To the list of news