Engineering Service, Inc.
FXLION has just released an upgraded version of its famous NANO series of V-Mount batteries: the NANO wireless. Like the previous model, three models with capacities ranging from 50Wh to 150Wh will be available. As their name suggests, these new batteries have a built-in wireless charger to charge your phone.
The 50Wh FXLION NANO ONE V-Mount battery was introduced in June 2019, and it has been very popular among filmmakers and content creators thanks to a compact form factor and versatile power input/output ports. Later, the company released the NANO TWO and NANO THREE models with more significant capacities while keeping the same form factor, only increasing the depth of the batteries.
If it works, don’t fix it, and it’s always hard for a company to return to the drawing board to improve a product that had massive success. However, the time has come, and FXLION has just released a new version of its NANO batteries: the NANO wireless.
FXLION NANO Wireless – features
The FXLION NANO wireless lineup consists of three models, similar to the previous generation: the NANO ONE wireless, NANO TWO Wireless, and NANO THREE wireless. All three V-Mount batteries have similar functionalities, including:
- 14.8V V-Mount batteries.
- The NANO ONE wireless has one D-Tap output, one USB-C power input/output port, one USB-A output, and one micro-USB power input.
- The NANO ONE wireless measures 10.1×7.2×3.9cm / 3.97×2.83×1.53in for a weight of 330g/11.64oz.
- The NANO TWO wireless and NANO THREE wireless feature two D-Tap outputs, one USB-C power input/output port, and one USB-A output.
- The NANO TWO wireless measures 10.3×7.4×5.9cm / 4.05×2.91×2.32in and weighs 540g/19.04oz.
- The NANO THREE wireless is 10.3×7.4×7.7cm/4.05×2.91x .03in and tops the scale at 780g/27.51oz.
- The maximum power output of the USB-C port is 60W, and the maximum load is now 20A/3V compared to 20V/2.2A for the previous generation. You can charge the batteries via the USB-C port without a dedicated V-Mount battery charger.
- A small LCD screen in front of the batteries shows you the battery life and load of the different power outputs. There is also a 4-level LED indicator to show you the remaining battery life.
- Built-in protection circuit that protects you against over-current, over-charge, over-discharge, and over-heat situations.
- The batteries can run in temperatures ranging from -20°C up to 55°C.
As you can tell, the NANO wireless looks similar to its predecessors and offers the same power output port. The main improvement is around the USB-C power input/output port.
However, as their name suggests, the NANO wireless has a built-in wireless charger. This charger is on the front panel, allowing you to charge your phone with a maximum power output of 15W.
« To the list of news