Engineering Service, Inc.
AJA announced free firmware update v2.5 for IPT-10G2-SDI, IPR-10G2-SDI, IPT-10G2-HDMI, and IPR-10G2-HDMI Mini-Converters. It includes two new features (2Kp support and 16-channel audio) and several improvements. It is highly recommended that you update firmware to avoid any potential issues.
Features Additions in v2.5
2Kp (2048x1080) support. Models: IPR-10G2-SDI, IPR-10G2-HDMI, IPT-10G2-SDI.
Description: 2Kp (2048x1080) 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 implemented. IPR ‘Input Stream Selection’ can choose any format. Supported in SDP and NMOS.
**NOTE: Transmitter IPT-10G2-HDMI does not support any 2K frame rates**
16 Channel audio support. Models: IPT-10G2-SDI, IPR-10G-SDI, and IPR-10G2-HDMI.
■ IPT-10G2-SDI: When Audio Source is set to SDI, if the incoming SDI has 4 audio groups enabled, the transmitted ST2110-30 will have 16 channels. Audio Packet Interval remains a manual setting of either 125us or 1000us(1ms). SDP will update with appropriate audio channels and packet timing for ST 2110-30 automatic configuration capability.
■ IPR-10G2-SDI & IPR-10G2-HDMI: Input stream selection options:
- SDP: Automatically adjusts the audio channel count and packet interval based upon SDP details.
- Manual: Audio channels and packet interval must be manually set to match ST2110-30 source.
- NMOS/Ember: NMOS or Ember will remotely adjust the audio channel count and packet interval.
** NOTE: IPR-10G2-HDMI can only embed audio 1-2 or 1-8 in the HDMI output
** NOTE: IPR Analog audio channels selection does not support channels 9-16
** NOTE: IPR Audio Signal Generator does not support tone on channels 9-16
** NOTE: IPR-10G2-SDI 2K 29.97/30 formats support audio channels 1-16 on ST 2110-30 RX but will only embed the first 8 channels of audio into SDI. If there is no audio present on any channels 1-8, silence will be inserted on those channels. Audio on channels 9-16 are discarded and Groups 3&4 are disabled. All other 2K formats support up to 16 channel embedding into SDI.
- Firmware update results in no video Tx bit rate present. Models: IPT-10G2-SDI, IPT-10G2-HDMI
- 8-channel audio truncates to 4-channels when frame sync is enabled. Models: IPT-10G2-SDI, IPT-10G2-HDMI
- PTP Domain missing in Metadata. Models: IPT-10G2-SDI, IPT-10G2-HDMI
- Intermittent crash resulting in loss of video or web app lock up. Models: IPT-10G2-SDI, IPR-10G2-SDI, IPT-10G2-HDMI, IPR-10G2-HDMI
- UltraHD 25 incorrectly read from SDP file, resulting in improper RX setting. HD was not impacted by this bug. Models: IPR-10G2-SDI, IPR-10G2-HDMI
- When transmitting 1080i, SDP file has an incorrect height of 2160 for both flows. Models: IPT-10G2-SDI, IPT-10G2-HDMI
- IPT Missing PTP domain number in SDP.
- IPR-10G2-SDI: 2kp29.97 and 2kp30 have bad data on the left side of the image in 2.5.
- IPT-10G2-HDMI has 2k test patterns - but is not 2K capable.
Visit AJA’ site to download free v2.5 firmware update for IPT/IPR-10G2 Mini-Converters.
« To the list of news