Engineering Service, Inc.
Sony has announced v3.0 firmware for their PXW-Z280 & PXW-Z190 camcorders. Unfortunately this firmware won’t be available till September.
V3.0 Firmware Features:
- Wireless file transfer with Dual Link connection multiplexing two cellular networks
- Fast and stable file transfer to XDCAM Air or FTP servers
- File transfer using camcorder GUI without mobile application
- Both proxy and high resolution clips can be transferred
- Visual job list so you can see transferring progress
- Support for Multi Interface (MI) shoe with Digital Audio Interface for the new UW-P wireless microphone series.
- Wireless microphone information on the viewfinder including RF level meter, audio mute status, low battery warning
It’s nice to see that Sony is continuing to improve the PXW-Z280 & PXW-Z190’s functionality by adding features that users will appreciate.
Given the target audience these pro camcorders are aimed at, the V3.0 firmware improvements make a lot of sense.
« To the list of news